I first heard about Bioderma from my friend, Kat. I tried it when I crashed at her place and forgot to pack my makeup remover. She told me it was actually one of Gwyneth Paltrow’s favorite beauty finds at French pharmacies!
Fortunately, we don’t have to travel all the way to France anymore to try this because it’s already available at selected derma clinics—and soon, even at Watsons! I scored a sneak peek during the launch and got to check out the other products from the French brand. Let’s take a look:
Now on to the good stuff…
Bianca actually gave me a great tip. Since she has combination skin, like most Pinays do, she uses the Sébium formula over her T-zone and the Sensibio over the rest of her face. It’s actually a great way to give your skin what it needs on specific areas of your face if you have the budget.
Now here’s what I like about Bioderma as a brand: Their goal is to create products that can help your skin go back to its original way of functioning. Think: Self-help for your skin! So in effect, you score two beauty benefits: You’re correcting your skin disorders and re-teaching your skin to naturally restore itself.
My review: I’ve been using the Sensibio formula on my skin for a week now and no breakouts. It removes foundation, blush, lipstick, and sunscreen residue perfectly. Waterproof eye makeup and mascara? Not so much. You will have to soak a cottonpad and leave it over your eyes for a few minutes before you can swipe it off.
My recommendations: If you have sensitive skin or just want to use something gentle, definitely use this for your face because it’s super good for your complexion. But do opt for a more potent or oil-based makeup remover for your peepers if you wear the long-lasting stuff on your eyes—like me. This way, you won’t have to rub and tug the delicate area around your eyes just to remove stubborn makeup.
From left to right, here’s a quick description of the Bioderma beauty goodies above:
1. Bioderma Atoderm Gel Douche, P845. This body wash contains coconut and sunflower extracts to moisturize your skin. The Atoderm line is actually made for those with dry skin.
2. Bioderma Cicabio Crème, P915.20. This offers rapid healing for wounds and soothes irritated and dry skin. I get dry flakes on my elbows, so this is a constant in my handbag.
3. Bioderma Photoderm Ultra-Fluid SPF50+, P1,316. It’s non-greasy sunscreen that protects from damaging UVA and UVB rays. I’m a sunscreen snob, so I’m going to need to do more research on the active ingredients before I use this.
4. Bioderma Sébium Pore Refiner, P1,430. Clinical studies claim that it reduces pores size and the number of pores by 54%. The magic ingredient? Mushroom extract! Try it as a makeup base to mattify your skin.
5. Bioderma Atoderm Restorative Lip Balm, P910. This I love! It doesn’t feel greasy on your lips and it’s super softening. The blend of avocado oils and shea butter is quite soothing!
Now it’s your turn! What do you think of the Bioderma line? Leave me a comment and let me know which product you want to try the most. ♥