After reviewing several colors from the Kylie Lip Kit line (read it here), I knew I had to get my very own tube from Ms. Jenner. After all, it’s the hottest beauty buy all over the world now!
She came highly recommended by fellow lipstick addict and Cosmo.ph’s resident beauty girl, Retty. I usually prefer to buy from the source, but given the frenzy, I decided to just order from a local reseller.
Anyway, enough talking already! Let’s start unboxing!
So now that I’ve literally shown you my unboxing, can you guess what I ordered? There’s a clue in the previous sentence I just typed! Hehe! And there was something pretty controversial about its packaging, too.
There was a big hoopla about how some lip wands were defective. The news came out right after I placed my order, so I was nervous about which one I would get. Good thing @duckfaceph assured me that she’d replace it if there was something wrong with my order. Not many resellers would be that considerate!
It’s definitely not the type of gloss you should wear when you’re going to be with your boyfriend, because it’s super sticky and heavy. It’s the type of lippie that you wear when you’re out with your girls, so you can ooh and aah over it.
My first impression: I loved the high shine I got from it and the fact that the pigment was pretty rich. It looked very sexy and kissable! The color had a similar feel to the nude shades from her matte lip kits, except that it had a different finish (duh). More thoughts:
- The sweet, vanilla scent is pretty strong. Retty actually asked me about this when I first tried Kylie’s matte line, but I didn’t notice it. Now that the tube is new and I’m swiping straight from the wand, you can’t help but notice it! It does fade the more you use it though.
- The color of the gloss gives me a #MLBB feel. It covered the natural color of my lips (I’d say they’re a bit on the darker side) and made it look a bit more pink. It definitely looks darker on swatches than it would on your lips. If I could choose again, I’d go for Like instead.
- The consistency changes. It seems to thicken the more you use it and lose its high-impact shine every time it gets exposed to air. Kind of a bummer because if this continues, then I’ll end up with a chunky gloss that’s hard to swipe in a few weeks.
- I kinda wish it came with a lip liner. I would love to be able to define my pout a bit more and just have a solid lip color underneath for a little more oomph.
- You’ll need to swipe this over a flake-free pout. Otherwise, you’ll be gnawing on the skin that’ll peel off your lips after a few hours (yes, I did that).
- The brush is a bit flimsy and you’ll have to keep dipping until you coat your entire lip evenly.
- Try layering it with any lip color! It’s fantastic and you’ll be able to create unique color blends with a sexy, creamy finish.
- When it comes to lasting power, it’ll stay on for about 3 hours (assuming that you won’t eat or drink). After that, retouching is a must!
So what’s my verdict? I’m a bit torn. Performance-wise, it’s a bit meh. I still prefer the beauty impact that Kylie’s matte lip kits made. When you think about it, having one of Kylie’s products is really more of a beauty status symbol and it’s just fun to tell people that you’re using one of her products. That said, I’m still pretty happy with it and it is my preferred gloss because it makes me feel sexier for some reason. What can I say? I’ve bought into the hype—but at least I know it! Haha!
When it comes down to it, I would probably have to buy one more thing from Kylie’s line to really get it out of my system (I’m looking at you, Kourtney K), but I really want to move on to…Jeffree Star!! Have you guys seen his collection? It’s pretty wild and it’s definitely not for the faint of heart!
What do you think of the Kylie Lip Gloss? Yay or nay? ♥
Kylie Cosmetics Click here to visit their website.