Although I’m enjoying the cool and cozy weather in Manila (it’s rainy season!), I don’t want to give in to its gloomy feel. One of my tricks to adding more happy vibes into my life is by accessorizing with bright, inspiring colors…and you can usually spot ’em on my face and nails!
I’m on a polish hiatus, so my hands are staying happy with my bright iPhone case (it really puts a smile on my face whenever I see it!). But what I’m even happier about is this blush duo! I usually layer a bronzer + pinkish blush, so having these shades in one compact makes it so much easier.
Let’s talk about the NARS x Christopher Kane Lip Gloss first. I guess I shouldn’t fault it for being so sheer, since the shade is described as “sheer neon watermelon” on the brand’s website. It’s true to what it promises, but I think it’s too expensive for a gloss that doesn’t really create much impact for me (unless you’re into collecting limited edition makeup).
Now here are my likes about the NARS Dual Intensity Blush:
- I love the fuchsia shade on the left. I find it a little similar to the cult-fave Orgasm, but with a brighter pinkish tone.
- For the shade on the right, it’s a golden peach that’s perfect for complementing Pinay skintones.
- I like how the pink is on the cool side while the golden coral is on the warm side, so you can blend + balance the tones you’re getting.
- NARS is always good with shimmer and I like how the it makes the light bounce off of my skin.
As for my concerns…
- The only thing I’m worried about here is blendability. The colors are intense, but workable if you’re applying it over dry or powdered skin.
- If you’re not a blush pro, then you might not want to apply this over liquid- or cream-based products until you’re more familiar with managing its intensity. Otherwise, you might end up with a splotchy finish!
This one’s worth the buy if you ask me (will post a #FOTD on Instagram using this blush soon—make sure you’re following me here for more scoops!). But if you want to check out more color and makeup options from NARS, you should definitely drop by their new boutique. It’s super gorgeous!
It’s so exciting that more and more beauty boutiques are opening up locally (like this one and this one). If you’re in the BGC area, it’s definitely worth a visit—especially if you’re on the prowl for the perfect blush. And hey, if you don’t know what shades to choose, click here and find out how we can go on a beauty date. I can totally help you out!
What do you think of these NARS products + the new NARS boutique? Drop me a note below! ♥
NARS G/F Central Square BGC, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. Click here to visit their website.