You guys! Benefit Cosmetics is finally launching their newest brow products on July 1! That’s more reasons to get excited for Fridaaaaay :)
I’m not going to beat around the bush here. Benefit’s brow game has drastically improved. The formulations are better, there are way more shades to choose from, and the magic wand-inspired packaging? Super gorgeous!
I recently tried Ka-Brow! and if you want an Instagram brow, get that! The cream-gel formula is perfect for creating definition and using a brush allows you to control the gradation of color a lot better. The color was too dark for me though (I got #4), so I really use these three more.
1. Benefit Browvo! Conditioning Primer
Forget everything and buy this first! It’s my must-have because it tamed my unruly eyebrow strands. When you brush this over your arches (do it before your brow product), it allows the pigment to go on smoother and last longer. Rumor also has it that this magical serum can help thicken your brows if you religiously apply it before bed for about 4 to 8 weeks.
2. Benefit Grooming Tweezer & Brush, P1,100
The price tag is hefty for a pair of tweezers, but that’s probably because it’s coated with diamond dust to firmly grip and pluck the tiniest strands (and it really delivers in this department). The only drawback? It’s so sharp that it can cut the hair and leave you with a nasty ingrown if you squeeze the tweezers too tightly. So go easy when gripping each strand, pull slowly, and let the tweezers do the work for you.
3. Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil, P1,400
Ahhh…a lot of girls are going to fall in love with this one. It has a diamond-shaped tip (see it here), so you can flip and turn it depending on how strong or precise you want your line to be. This automatic pencil also allows you to fill in your brows a lot faster and the pigment won’t disappear when you brush it out! Win!
All the products are worthy buys—it’s just really a matter of preference and finding which product suits your brow needs best. To help you shop, here are more of my thoughts about the trio I tried:
- Hold off on the tweezers and get the Benefit Browvo! Conditioning Primer (this one really helped me improve my arch game). Really, just get it!
- I loved all the possibilities that the Goof Proof Brow Pencil presented since you can different sides of the diamond-tipped pencil to either thicken or define the brow. Because of its texture, I didn’t feel the need to add more volume to my arches via a brow mascara.
- The shades I got for the pencil + Ka!Brow were a tad too dark for me (#4). It still works, but I did have to spend a lot of time blending it out (otherwise, my brows would look to heavy and dark). P.S. My current hair color is dark brown to black, so I’d say get the #3 if we’re rocking the same shade.
- What I’m really excited to try from Benefit’s new line? The Precisely, My Brow Brow Pencil. The tip is much thinner, so you can create more natural-looking strands when filling in your eyebrows. I also want to see if it can rival (or possibly, dethrone!) my fave pencil from Anastasia (see it here).
What do you think of Benefit’s new products? Yay or nay? ♥
Benefit Cosmetics Click here for store locations.