When I found out my Mom was going to Europe, it gave me an excuse to ask her to buy me something fabulous from the local French pharmacy.
I was still hesitant to try it, since I was worried it might be too thick for our climate. Since it’s crazy hot in Manila right now, I was concerned that it might end up doing harm on my sensitive skin. But when I saw how glowing and radiant my Mom’s skin was getting with each day (she also bought a tube for herself), I caved and gave it a try.
After popping the seal with the tip of the cap, I squeezed a teensy bit out to check out the texture first. I noticed that it was very rich and a little on the thick side, but it melted into my hand right away—like butter. Since I’m very paranoid about breakouts, I just applied two tiny dots over the dry patches of my cheeks. I wanted to see how my skin would react to it first.
The cream smells like sweet, watered-down flowers, which I liked since it was light. After about two days, I noticed that I wasn’t reacting (yay!), so I began to place very thin layers over my entire face. What I liked about it is that my complexion got better and better the more I used it. My skin got firmer and plumped up, my pores got tighter and smaller, and even my fine lines started to lighten.
It’s still a product you should use with caution if you’re living in a tropical country, so here are my tips if you want to make this French skincare find a part of your beauty routine:
- Just apply a thin layer it at night if you have oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin. A pea-sized amount (sometimes even less!) will do.
- If your complexion is on the dry/combination side and your U-zone is breaking out, I really reco this moisturizer. It’ll help balance your skin well.
- Stuck in an air-conditioned office all day? Use this to prep your skin before applying makeup or mix it with your foundation to score a silky finish.
- If you’re traveling, this product also works as a makeup remover (and a hair texturizer!) if you don’t want to pack too much. I don’t think I’d ever use it this way though—it seems like a waste.
- Just want to test it out? Get the smaller tube (1 oz.), so you can see how your skin reacts to it first without spending too much.
So, oui…j’adore this 24-hour miracle cream! Now I can see why celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow and Karlie Kloss love it. The good news is that you don’t have to go all the way to France to buy it, either. I discovered a re-seller below who ships worldwide (see beauty directory below for details).
Think you’ll give this French moisturizer a try? Leave a comment and let me know! ♥