I’ve been testing this on and off for weeks!
Eyebrows are really hard to fill in, so the product you’re using has to be easy to use. I had high expectations about this because I’m a huge fan of the K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyebrow Liner. I really wanted to like it, which is probably why I kept testing it for so long, but I found it a bit more difficult to work with. It’s not that it’s not good—it’s just not for me.
There are lots of factors that come into play when you’re defining your arches, like the amount (and texture!) of your brow hair. My eyebrows aren’t that full, but the strands are thick. Perhaps that’s why it was more difficult for me to use this product? It really comes down to what you prefer here, because most people like using a pencil more than a liquid pen.
Check out the pros and cons below and see for yourself:
- It’s long-lasting. No matter how hot the days get, you’ll be able to wear this the whole day without worrying about your brows fading.
- It’s great for the gym. My friend and former beauty editor, Nikki, loves to use this whenever she works out because it’s totally sweat-proof!
- It’s pigmented. If your eyebrows are sparse, this will help make them appear thicker and fuller.
- It comes with a powder-tipped end. Another pro for those with barely-there brows. This can give your arches a 3D effect, so they don’t look too drawn on.
- It’s waxy. If the strands of your brows are unruly, this will help keep them in place.
- It’s waxy. Wait—I’m not contradicting myself here. For gals who have thicker brows, getting the pigment in between several strands of hair and onto the actual skin can be quite challenging.
- It’s time-consuming. I had to brush my brows out repeatedly in order to blend the product well and banish the clumps of pigment that settled in between the strands.
- You won’t get a super precise finish. The tip does flatten out because it’s an automatic pencil, but at least you won’t have to sharpen. My application suggestions: (1) hold it at an angle, so you use the edge of the pencil vs. the flat tip (2) grab an angled brush and use that to pick up the pigment from the pencil for more control.
- It’s not for brow beginners. From the waxy texture to the intense pigment, you’ll need to practice using this product a lot of times before you get the hang of it. Otherwise, it might appear too dark or blotchy.
When I looked at the photos of my brows, I actually liked the effect of this pencil. But because I’m always in a rush, I can’t spend too much time perfecting my arches (it took me about five to 10 minutes with this pencil). For my type of eyebrows, the K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyebrow Liner is really the winner for me because I get more precision and it’s easier for me to control how dark or light I want the shading to be.
Have you tried the K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow Pencil yet? Let me know your thoughts! ♥
K-Palette Available at Beauty Bar and Rustan’s Department Stores. Visit their Facebook page here for more info.