I attended an intimate beauty event a few weeks ago for the 10th anniversary celebration of Kanebo’s Impress line. It’s their most prestigious skincare line to date, and I was intrigued to learn that it has a quiet (but strong) following amongst the elite. It’s like they’re trying to keep it a secret!
The Impress range is an anti-aging line that works in two ways: by healing DNA damage caused by UV rays (with suginori, an extract from red seaweed) and by fighting your body’s natural aging process (with anti-oxidants to stop free radicals). Sounds like a win-win to me!
This kit is valued at P11,000, but priced at P6,000—and they’re selling out fast, too! What’s inside: the Kanebo Impress Lotion II (150ml), Emulsion II (40ml), Cleansing Cream (60g), and Creamy Soap (60g). So when you do the beauty math, it’s like you’re getting 3 free products for the price of one 150ml lotion.
I wanted to try a different approach this time when it comes to testing skincare this time. Keep in mind that I test out new products every week, so I usually have at least five different brands in front of me. So rather than just pick out one or two products from the kit, I decided to test the entire line for a change. TBH? It was a relief! It simplified my routine because I didn’t have to think about mixing-slash-matching products anymore. I just had to follow the steps!
I think what surprised me the most was how much I looked forward to doing my skin routine at the end of the day. After the first time I used the entire line, I noticed that my skin felt more taut and firm. On the second day, I noticed that the redness and my breakouts were beginning to go away on their own. And by the third day, the dryness and irritation I felt from my summer beach trips were pretty much gone.
More thoughts about the Impress set:
- The lotion and emulsion included are for dry skin, which is perfect if you’re in air-conditioning constantly or have been hitting the beach. They’re also packed in heavy, glass bottles, so it adds a luxe feel to your routine.
- The scent is soft (think: a mix of sweet and floral notes). I found it very relaxing.
- The creamy wash! I super love it because it’s foaming, so it gets rid of the oily, sticky feel without the squeaky-clean, tight finish. This one I will definitely repurchase.
- I’m not much of a toner girl and only use it sporadically. But now that I’m a wee bit older, I realized that I have to start incorporating this regularly into my routine. It makes such a big difference!
- The emulsion is like a creamy serum. All you need is a few drops and it’s enough to keep your skin hydrated in the summer without feeling heavy or sticky.
- The cleansing cream took some getting used to, but it works well as a makeup remover. Just massage a good amount over your skin, rinse, and use damp cotton to remove heavy foundation and even waterproof mascara.
- As for cons? The price, but at least you know it’s worth it. I also wish that the bottles were designed with pumps or flip caps, so that they’re easier to open and close.
Right now, I wish I didn’t have to test new skincare products again since the Impress line is working pretty well for me. I forgot that using skincare products from one line usually work better together (because teamwork, guys!). So although the skin changes were gradual at first, I noticed that my skin keeps looking more and more translucent and glowing with each day. Even my foundation looks better when I apply it on my face!
Now I’m thinking about whether I should buy another kit, actually—they have less than 100 boxes at their counters collectively and I heard that loyal users of the Impress line are buying 2 to 3 boxes at a time because it’s such a steal! May I suggest you get it for you as a mid-year skin treat or think of giving it to your mom for Mother’s Day? It’s super worth it! ♥
Kanebo Available at Rustan’s Department Stores. Click here to visit their international website.