I attended an intimate beauty event a few weeks ago for the 10th anniversary celebration of Kanebo’s Impress line. It’s their most prestigious skincare line to date, and I was intrigued to learn that it has a quiet (but strong) following amongst the elite. It’s like they’re trying to keep it a secret!
Their star product is the Impress Lotion, P6,000 for 150ml. It’s supposed to give your skin luxurious moisture while toning and prepping it for the next steps in your routine.
The Impress range is ananti-aging line that works in two ways: by healing DNA damage caused by UV rays (with suginori, an extract from red seaweed) and by fighting your body’s natural aging process (with anti-oxidants to stop free radicals). Sounds like a win-win to me!
What I used: the 10th Anniversary Impress Lotion Kit from Kanebo.
This kit is valued at P11,000, but priced at P6,000—and they’re selling out fast, too! What’s inside: the Kanebo Impress Lotion II (150ml), Emulsion II (40ml), Cleansing Cream (60g), and Creamy Soap (60g). So when you do the beauty math, it’s like you’re getting 3 free products for the price of one 150ml lotion.
I wanted to try a different approach this time when it comes to testing skincare this time. Keep in mind that I test out new products every week, so I usually have at least five different brands in front of me. So rather than just pick out one or two products from the kit, I decided to test the entire line for a change. TBH? It was a relief! It simplified my routine because I didn’t have to think about mixing-slash-matching products anymore. I just had to follow the steps!
Christmas is in a few days and I’ve only bought like two presents. I’m obviously a last minute shopper and if your shopping habits are just like mine, then scroll through the list below to check out where you should go for fab beauty finds:
1. Jo Malone Why You’ll Like It: The quaint store finally opened in Greenbelt 5 and it’s so elegant! Anything you buy comes packaged in the iconic Jo Malone box (yay for no gift wrapping) and you’re guaranteed to impress whoever you’re shopping for.
Such a pretty store! Read more about Jo Malone’s philosophy on scent layering here.
What To Check Out: Their famous fragrances and the different holiday sets that are available for every budget. The candles are also perfect for your gal pal who just got married or is moving into a new apartment!
Such elegant gift sets—perfect for your guy’s mom or the tough-to-impress sister.
2. Acca Kappa Why You’ll Like It: The brand is understated, classy, and there’s just an elegance about the craftsmanship of their products. They’ve got stores in Rustan’s and BGC Central, too.
My favorite wooden paddle brush! Click here to read more about my hairstyling secrets.
What To Check Out: Their brushes are fantastic and you’ll feel like a queen whenever you run it through your hair. But my favorite will always be the Muschio Blanco line—I always get compliments whenever I wear this scent!
I’m seriously thinking of getting this for myself, guys. I want the soap and the solid perfume!
3. Burt’s Bees Why You’ll Like It: If you’re into beauty products that pride themselves in being 99% natural (on average) and environmentally-sustainable, then this is a brand you’ll definitely want to support. Shop over at Beauty Bar, Estancia, or click here if you want to do it online!
A radiant gift set from Burt’s Bees! They have more sets that range from P795 to P1,495, so there’s something for every budget.
What To Check Out: They have lots of affordable holiday kits, but if you’re only shopping for one thing, make sure it’s a lip product. Considering that women reportedly eat about 7 pounds of lipstick in a lifetime, you’ll be glad that you’re ingesting something that’s practically chemical-free.
Fab stocking stuffers for your Kris Kringle baby. The individual lip balms in holiday packaging are only P225 each.
4. The Aivee Clinic Why You’ll Like It: The reflective crystals and plush interiors in this beauty sanctuary can really help erase all the stress that accumulated throughout 2015. It’s also one of the most trusted derma clinics in town because of their constant innovations in the skin and cosmetic surgery arena.
Here’s a peek at the luxurious lobby at their Alabang branch. Click here to visit their site and find clinics closer to you.
What To Get: Grab a gift check for your friend who’s in need of some R&R. This way, she can choose whatever service she likes (I reco the Geneo facial) and welcome the new year looking absolutely fresh and gorgeous!
I could spend all day here! It really would be the perfect way to pamper yourself for all the hard work you did this year!
5. Benefit Cosmetics Why You’ll Like It: Their stores always look Instagram-worthy and you won’t get overwhelmed when you’re looking through their displays. I always enjoy reading the fun and witty packaging while testing out their latest products on counter.
This is their newest (and biggest!) store in SM Megamall! More store locations here!
What To Check Out: Definitely get their 12-Days of Gorgeous Advent Calendar because you’ll get to sample all of their best-sellers for just P2,500. Watch my unboxing below to take a peek at all the goodies you’ll get!
There are SO MANY more lust-worthy beauty products to spy on (even if you’re just “window shopping” for yourself). Check them out after the jump! Continue reading →