I have a lot of products that I’m testing out this month…and it’s driving me crazy! Because I don’t know where to start, I thought I’d show you what’s on my lineup. This way, you can leave a comment and decide which ones you want me to review first. The (beauty) power is yours!
First up: L’Oréal La Palette Nude in Rose and Beige (P800 each) and Color Riche Lipsticks (P400 each).
I also have a moisturizer and eye cream from French brand, Nuxe.
My fave skincare brand! I also have to test the rest of the Perricone MD No Makeup Makeup line, but I already reviewed the foundation here and here.
Leaders Derma Soul Bright Mask with Acai Berry, P78.
It’s formulated with one of nature’s most powerful anti-oxidantS (acai berry) to help fight the signs of aging. And because it’s a brightening mask, it’s also supposed to help lighten and clears up spots and blemishes with the help of niacinamide.
Here’s a closer look at the sheet. Basically, it says it’s supposed to help get rid of your skin troubles.
And boy oh boy, did I have ’em! My skin looked super tired because of all the traveling and holiday parties I hit last month. Hehe! That’s why I knew I needed to use this mask to help give my complexion a major glow boost.
No English translation here, but I did see the numbers 15 to 20. I’m guessing that’s the number of minutes you have to leave the mask on.
I usually like to read directions first, but since I don’t know how to read Korean, I just decided to treat it like any other mask.
My step-by-step guide on masking and find out if it was able to help me get my glow back after the jump! Continue reading →
Christmas is in a few days and I’ve only bought like two presents. I’m obviously a last minute shopper and if your shopping habits are just like mine, then scroll through the list below to check out where you should go for fab beauty finds:
1. Jo Malone Why You’ll Like It: The quaint store finally opened in Greenbelt 5 and it’s so elegant! Anything you buy comes packaged in the iconic Jo Malone box (yay for no gift wrapping) and you’re guaranteed to impress whoever you’re shopping for.
Such a pretty store! Read more about Jo Malone’s philosophy on scent layering here.
What To Check Out: Their famous fragrances and the different holiday sets that are available for every budget. The candles are also perfect for your gal pal who just got married or is moving into a new apartment!
Such elegant gift sets—perfect for your guy’s mom or the tough-to-impress sister.
2. Acca Kappa Why You’ll Like It: The brand is understated, classy, and there’s just an elegance about the craftsmanship of their products. They’ve got stores in Rustan’s and BGC Central, too.
My favorite wooden paddle brush! Click here to read more about my hairstyling secrets.
What To Check Out: Their brushes are fantastic and you’ll feel like a queen whenever you run it through your hair. But my favorite will always be the Muschio Blanco line—I always get compliments whenever I wear this scent!
I’m seriously thinking of getting this for myself, guys. I want the soap and the solid perfume!
3. Burt’s Bees Why You’ll Like It: If you’re into beauty products that pride themselves in being 99% natural (on average) and environmentally-sustainable, then this is a brand you’ll definitely want to support. Shop over at Beauty Bar, Estancia, or click here if you want to do it online!
A radiant gift set from Burt’s Bees! They have more sets that range from P795 to P1,495, so there’s something for every budget.
What To Check Out: They have lots of affordable holiday kits, but if you’re only shopping for one thing, make sure it’s a lip product. Considering that women reportedly eat about 7 pounds of lipstick in a lifetime, you’ll be glad that you’re ingesting something that’s practically chemical-free.
Fab stocking stuffers for your Kris Kringle baby. The individual lip balms in holiday packaging are only P225 each.
4. The Aivee Clinic Why You’ll Like It: The reflective crystals and plush interiors in this beauty sanctuary can really help erase all the stress that accumulated throughout 2015. It’s also one of the most trusted derma clinics in town because of their constant innovations in the skin and cosmetic surgery arena.
Here’s a peek at the luxurious lobby at their Alabang branch. Click here to visit their site and find clinics closer to you.
What To Get: Grab a gift check for your friend who’s in need of some R&R. This way, she can choose whatever service she likes (I reco the Geneo facial) and welcome the new year looking absolutely fresh and gorgeous!
I could spend all day here! It really would be the perfect way to pamper yourself for all the hard work you did this year!
5. Benefit Cosmetics Why You’ll Like It: Their stores always look Instagram-worthy and you won’t get overwhelmed when you’re looking through their displays. I always enjoy reading the fun and witty packaging while testing out their latest products on counter.
This is their newest (and biggest!) store in SM Megamall! More store locations here!
What To Check Out: Definitely get their 12-Days of Gorgeous Advent Calendar because you’ll get to sample all of their best-sellers for just P2,500. Watch my unboxing below to take a peek at all the goodies you’ll get!
There are SO MANY more lust-worthy beauty products to spy on (even if you’re just “window shopping” for yourself). Check them out after the jump! Continue reading →
Leaders InSolution Teatree Relaxing Skin Renewal Mask, P98 at BeautyMnl.com. It’s a Korean brand dermatologists and skin specialists.
After my trip to Hong Kong, I could feel that my skin was on the verge of a breakout for two reasons: the sweat and oil from all the walking around and I didn’t get to bring my trusty Apple Cider Vinegar with me. Ayayay!
I have a hard time trying to figure out what Korean masks usually do, so I like that there’s a chart you can refer to on this mask.
Some of the masks have the same problem levels (for skin trouble, over sebum, and pores), so make sure you read the fine print. I was actually debating about whether I should go for the Leaders mask that helps calm breakouts by boosting moisture. But since my flare-ups were due to excess oil, I went for the one with tea tree (this ingredient is really good for fighting pimples!).
Keep reading for my tips on how I made this mask work. It even helped my cystic acne! Continue reading →