Choosing swimsuits has always been a challenge for me. It’s not just about the fit—it also has to make me feel confident and stylish at the same time.
I got to try designing swimsuits at the @CesaPh event. FYI: For me, high-waist bottoms are always the way to go!
But because I’ve been wearing this style for years, I thought I’d switch it up with a cute bikini. Here’s one of my faves from the latest Cesa’s latest summer collection:
Cute, right? It’s an off-shoulder bikini, so it won’t leave me feeling totally nekkid at the beach.
Let’s face it, though. I’m a beauty girl, so aside from prepping my outfit, I also prep my skin for the beach. How? By doing a full body scrub in the shower! About 2-3 weeks before the getaway, I scrub at least once or twice a week to keep my skin soft. Not only does this get rid of rough spots and flakes, but it also ensures that I score a more even tan!
Cesa also has summer-friendly sugar scrubs and soap on a rope! My fave is the Coffee Biscuit Scrub since the scent wakes me up and it has actual coffee granules (Tyra Banks says this can help reduce cellulite!).
How do you prep for beach trips? And which swimsuit styles are you currently digging? Leave a comment and let me know!
Shopping Directory Cesa Click here to visit their website or follow them on Instagram via @cesaph.
Christmas is in a few days and I’ve only bought like two presents. I’m obviously a last minute shopper and if your shopping habits are just like mine, then scroll through the list below to check out where you should go for fab beauty finds:
1. Jo Malone Why You’ll Like It: The quaint store finally opened in Greenbelt 5 and it’s so elegant! Anything you buy comes packaged in the iconic Jo Malone box (yay for no gift wrapping) and you’re guaranteed to impress whoever you’re shopping for.
Such a pretty store! Read more about Jo Malone’s philosophy on scent layering here.
What To Check Out: Their famous fragrances and the different holiday sets that are available for every budget. The candles are also perfect for your gal pal who just got married or is moving into a new apartment!
Such elegant gift sets—perfect for your guy’s mom or the tough-to-impress sister.
2. Acca Kappa Why You’ll Like It: The brand is understated, classy, and there’s just an elegance about the craftsmanship of their products. They’ve got stores in Rustan’s and BGC Central, too.
My favorite wooden paddle brush! Click here to read more about my hairstyling secrets.
What To Check Out: Their brushes are fantastic and you’ll feel like a queen whenever you run it through your hair. But my favorite will always be the Muschio Blanco line—I always get compliments whenever I wear this scent!
I’m seriously thinking of getting this for myself, guys. I want the soap and the solid perfume!
3. Burt’s Bees Why You’ll Like It: If you’re into beauty products that pride themselves in being 99% natural (on average) and environmentally-sustainable, then this is a brand you’ll definitely want to support. Shop over at Beauty Bar, Estancia, or click here if you want to do it online!
A radiant gift set from Burt’s Bees! They have more sets that range from P795 to P1,495, so there’s something for every budget.
What To Check Out: They have lots of affordable holiday kits, but if you’re only shopping for one thing, make sure it’s a lip product. Considering that women reportedly eat about 7 pounds of lipstick in a lifetime, you’ll be glad that you’re ingesting something that’s practically chemical-free.
Fab stocking stuffers for your Kris Kringle baby. The individual lip balms in holiday packaging are only P225 each.
4. The Aivee Clinic Why You’ll Like It: The reflective crystals and plush interiors in this beauty sanctuary can really help erase all the stress that accumulated throughout 2015. It’s also one of the most trusted derma clinics in town because of their constant innovations in the skin and cosmetic surgery arena.
Here’s a peek at the luxurious lobby at their Alabang branch. Click here to visit their site and find clinics closer to you.
What To Get: Grab a gift check for your friend who’s in need of some R&R. This way, she can choose whatever service she likes (I reco the Geneo facial) and welcome the new year looking absolutely fresh and gorgeous!
I could spend all day here! It really would be the perfect way to pamper yourself for all the hard work you did this year!
5. Benefit Cosmetics Why You’ll Like It: Their stores always look Instagram-worthy and you won’t get overwhelmed when you’re looking through their displays. I always enjoy reading the fun and witty packaging while testing out their latest products on counter.
This is their newest (and biggest!) store in SM Megamall! More store locations here!
What To Check Out: Definitely get their 12-Days of Gorgeous Advent Calendar because you’ll get to sample all of their best-sellers for just P2,500. Watch my unboxing below to take a peek at all the goodies you’ll get!
There are SO MANY more lust-worthy beauty products to spy on (even if you’re just “window shopping” for yourself). Check them out after the jump! Continue reading →