I finally had time to get a decent mani yesterday, so I decided to have a little fun!
The last time I had nail art done, it was a play on negative space. I’m still not over this nail trend, so I decided to experiment by playing around with more colors this time.
I had ’em done at I Do Nails Eastwood and it only took about an hour—mostly because I had trouble figuring out the best color combos to use.
If you want to have these digits for summer, here’s my step-by-step guide:
- Cut the tape strips beforehand. Measure them well, so that the strip can divide each nail into three equal diagonal parts.
- Choose the color combos that you want for your nails. This is the hardest part!
- Apply two thin coats of your base coat.
- Stick the tape on diagonally across the center of your nails.
- Paint your nails as usual, using a different color for the top and bottom.
- Once dry, slowly peel off the tape. Tip: Grab the tape from the bottom and peel upwards, so you don’t destroy the polish.
- Apply two thin layers of your shiniest top coat.
Does it seem complicated? Nah—it just takes a lot of prep work! Like I mentioned earlier, the real challenge here is deciding what polish colors you want to use.
To make things faster for you, I listed down everything that I used at the salon. But really, you don’t have to use the exact same polish—just stick to similar shades to score the same effect. That’s what I did when I saw my inspo for this post (read it here!).
- On my pinky and index fingers: Orly Nail Polish in Monroe’s Red and Skinny Dip
- On my ring finger: Zoya Nail Lacquer in Keiko and Orly Nail Polish in Va Va Voom
- On my middle finger: Chanel Nail Color in Mirabella and Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Believe
- On my thumb: Orly Nail Polish in Green With Envy and Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Spring Buds
Hope you have fun experimenting with nail art this summer! And if you copy this design, don’t forget to tag (and follow!) me on Instagram via @beautyandsparkl. ♥
I Do Nails Tuscany at McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, 0917-8388095; 3/F Eastwood Mall, Quezon City, (0917)531-5365 or (02)234-5756. Visit their Facebook page here.