I mostly stick to basic facials with mild cleaning, since I don’t really like messing with my face. So when I was invited to try the Geneo Facial (P6,000) at the new Aivee clinic, I did my research first and said I’d think about it.
First step: Check out the website and YouTube videos to see what it’s all about:
Second step: Get testimonials. I asked a few beauty editors who tried the treatment already to see how it went. Raves all around and a fab review on Cosmo.ph here. After that, I was in!
But first—what is the Geneo facial, really? Here’s a quick explanation:
- This 3-in-1 super facial lasts for about 45 minutes and aims to renew and tighten your skin with the help of TriPollar 3rd Generation RF technology.
- It starts with a gentle cleansing and exfoliation process and then it infuses your skin with nutrients to revitalize it (read: make it look younger and brighter).
- The OxyGeneo treatment triggers a response, so that your body will send more oxygen to the treated area. The results? Softer lines and wrinkles, smaller pores, firmer skin, and a gorgeous glow.
- The best part? Zero downtime.
Now, let’s see if it delivers!
What I Liked:
- The effects of this facial are immediate! As you can tell from the photo above, my skin looks brighter and radiant. I look younger, fresher—as if everything was suddenly lifted. I didn’t even notice that my complexion was starting to look dull and lifeless. Just compare the pre- and post-facial shots and you’ll see the big diff!
- Since I was in Mega Fashion Hall, I decided to look around for a bit after my facial. While walking in my high heels, I stopped dead in my tracks. Why? I noticed that my skin wasn’t bobbing along anymore! OMG, firmness achieved!
- There’s no downtime. Aside from my glossy glow, you really can go out if you want to. I suggest you just head home and get a good night’s rest though, so you can help your skin regenerate even more.
- The results lasted. They recommend that you try at least 4 sessions, but I only needed one. It’s been about 3 or 4 months since my last treatment and my skin has remained taut. I also noticed that the lines around my undereye area has lightened and don’t look as deep.
What Needs Work:
- When I first tried the Geneo facial, it was still fairly new to our market. This means that the aestheticians, while well-trained, are still finding their groove. I did get zapped and jumped out of the bed in shock (it felt like I got electrocuted), but she later explained that was because the wand touched a strand of my hair. So…make sure all your hair is pulled back to avoid this, because they might hit it!
- I could forgive getting zapped, really. What I didn’t like was the intense heat I felt when the TriPollar wand was being applied over my face. I know some patients like that because it makes them feel like they’re getting super extra tightening action (and they probably are). I was only in for a little maintenance and told the aesthetician and derma beforehand that I wanted a very gentle version of the treatment. It would’ve been nice if they paid attention to that detail, so I didn’t have to repeatedly tell her to lower the heat.
- After I left the clinic, I wasn’t told what to expect—only that you’re not supposed to wash your face until the next day. When I got home a few hours later, I was surprised (and panicky) that my skin felt like it was sunburned and I had a few red dots scattered all over my face. I quickly opened the aircon and just tried to chill out. I woke up the next day and everything was back to normal. Called the derma to check if this was normal, and of course, he said it was! Phew!
Would I Try It Again?
Yes, I would—but only on an as-needed basis. Since I’m in my mid-30s already, I’d probably do this once a year to help maintain the condition of my skin. I like that it’s non-invasive and it doesn’t really make you peel or turn your skin lobster red. Now that I know what to expect, I think I can enjoy my next treatment even more and be more trusting of the process. The results really are spectacular!
What do you think of the Geneo treatment? Would you give it a try? ♥
Aivee Clinic 5/F, SM Megamall Fashion Hall, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City; (02)64-AIVEE. Click here for more clinic locations.