Most women dread it. It’s uncomfortable, embarrassing, and well, crazy painful! In an interview with Australian radio hosts, the lovely Gwyneth Paltrow even said that “every time I have a bikini wax, Cameron Diaz holds me down.”
Because it’s bikini season and Laboracay is around the corner, I highly recommend that you suck it up and treat your V-zone to a good ol’ waxing. In fact, missy, I dare you to get a Brazilian and have it all taken off. Interested? I found that the one place in town that won’t leave you howling in pain: Strip! The Ministry Of Waxing.
Most girls tell me they don’t like going to Strip! because it’s pricey—and it’s true. A Brazilian costs P1,298, but I still think it’s worth it. Here’s why:
- the aesthetician wears rubber gloves (so there’s no skin-to-skin action)
- there’s absolutely no double-dipping (they use a new popsicle stick every time—I watched!)
- you get cleansing wipes (bye-bye bacteria)
- you get a choice of delish waxes (coconut is their new “flavor” this month for summer)
- it’s not painful (go for the chocolate wax—it’s less painful since it’s made for thicker strands)
- they’re thorough (yup, expect every nook and cranny to be tweezed)
- they’re fast (only 15 minutes to get stripped)
- practically no ingrowns (this is because they’re able to remove the hair from the root)
Keep in mind, however, that not all aestheticians are the same despite the rigorous training. You really have to find one you like (I prefer Krissy at Serendra since she’s the trainer). And because it is pricey, I just buy their packages (like the Brazilian 5 is P5,000—that’s five sessions for P1K each) to score a bit of a discount.
And because it’s summer and Labor Day is coming up, Strip! The Ministry of Waxing is giving my sexy readers a special treat!
I tried the Hoochie Coochie Quickie Facial for the first time last week and it was…interesting. Don’t get intimidated by the name. It’s just a light, green mask that’s spiked with peppermint and soothing oils to calm your skin and close your pores. They leave it on for 10 minutes (it feels cool and tingly!). Then, you can go swimming right after—even if you just got waxed. No need to wait until the next day anymore!
So…are you ready to get stripped? It’ll change your life—I promise! Leave a comment below and let me know what your stance is on bikini waxes. ♥
Strip! The Ministry of Waxing
2/F Serendra, Bonifacio High St., Taguig City; (02)901-0892.
4/F Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati City; (02)501-3997.